HOMEABOUT USPARTNERSHIPSITE MAPFAQ/HELPCONTACT USCALL US @ 7-812-303-8647MOSCOW LOCAL TIME: 10:51
AROUND THE CITY
Quick Facts
Essentials
Sights & Attractions
Theaters & Concert Halls
Moscow Suburbs
Restaurants & Bars
Moscow Hotels
Shopping
Children's Moscow
FEATURES
Photo Gallery
360° Panoramas
TRAVEL SERVICES
Train Tickets
Airport Transfers
Apartment Rentals
BUSINESS
Conference Facilities
Event Organizers
Exhibition Centers

The Nameless (Bezimyannie) Towers

The First Nameless Tower in Moscow Kremlin The First Nameless Tower is a 34-metre high gateless defensive tower, built next to the Tainitskaya Tower in the 1480s, and used for the storage of gunpowder until its destruction by fire in 1547. It lay in ruins for many years, and was rebuilt only in the 17th century. From 1770-1771, in order to clear a site for the construction of the Kremlin Palace, the tower was pulled down. After the palace was completed, the tower was again rebuilt. In 1812, during Napoleon's occupation of Moscow, the First Nameless Tower was blown up, along with many other Kremlin buildings. It was reconstructed for the third time from 1816-1835, under the supervision of the architect Beauvais.

The Second Nameless Tower in Moscow Kremlin The Second Nameless Tower, erected at the end of the 15th century, was originally a gate tower, but the gate is now bricked up. In 1680, a four-sided tent roof with a watch-tower was added. In 1771, during the construction of the Kremlin Palace, the tower was taken down, along with its neighbour. It was later rebuilt, after the completion of construction work on the palace building.

MEMBER SERVICES
Trip Planner
Event Alerts
E-mail Newsletters
Copyright © 2000-2014 , Inc. All rights reserved.
Press Center | FAQ/Support | Privacy Policy | Legal Notice | Disclaimer | Careers
Advertising Info | Link to Us | Bookmark Us | Contact Us | 7-812-303-8647