HOMEABOUT USPARTNERSHIPSITE MAPFAQ/HELPCONTACT USCALL US @ 7-812-303-8647MOSCOW LOCAL TIME: 03:55
AROUND THE CITY
Quick Facts
Essentials
Sights & Attractions
Theaters & Concert Halls
Moscow Suburbs
Restaurants & Bars
Moscow Hotels
Shopping
Children's Moscow
FEATURES
Photo Gallery
360° Panoramas
TRAVEL SERVICES
Train Tickets
Airport Transfers
Apartment Rentals
BUSINESS
Conference Facilities
Event Organizers
Exhibition Centers

Peter's (Petrovskaya) Tower

Peter's (Petrovskaya) Tower in Moscow Kremlin The Petrovskaya Tower, 27 metres tall, stands on the southern side of the Kremlin, and like its neighbours, once played a vital role in the defence of the citadel. Originally nameless, it received its title from the Church of Metropolitan Peter, which stood nearby. The church was later demolished, but the tower has retained its name to this day. During the Polish invasion of 1612 the tower was destroyed by cannon fire, but was subsequently restored. In 1812, the Petrovskaya Tower was blown up on Napoleon's orders, although it was rebuilt again just 6 years later by the architect Beauvais. After the Kremlin became obsolete as a fortress, the tower was used as a service building by the Kremlin's gardeners.

MEMBER SERVICES
Trip Planner
Event Alerts
E-mail Newsletters
Copyright © 2000-2014 , Inc. All rights reserved.
Press Center | FAQ/Support | Privacy Policy | Legal Notice | Disclaimer | Careers
Advertising Info | Link to Us | Bookmark Us | Contact Us | 7-812-303-8647